As published in an unknown newspaper on July 25, 1900.
Hamilton-Sarah A. Hamilton was born in Orange township, Hancock county, Ohio, November 17, 1842; died July 17, 1900, aged 57 years, 8 months. She was the daughter of William and Jane Anderson.
She was united in marriage with Jonathan Hamilton on August 24, 1865. To this union were born nine children, five boys and four girls. At the Age of 17 she gave her heart to Christ. After holding her membership with the U.P. Church at Cannonsburg, O., for 13 years, she was transferred to the Presbyterian church of North Bethel, remaining a member until it was disorganized and then her name was transferred to the Bluffton Presbyterian church. She was a great sufferer for several years, bearing her affliction with patience and christian fortitude. She was a kind, unselfish and affectionate wife and mother. There remain to mourn her loss seven children, a husband and three brothers.
Her funeral services were conducted by Rev. S.W. Scott at the Evangelical Church, two miles north of the Mr. Hamilton residence and her body was laid to rest in the Thompson cemetery on July 19.